Lawley Running Club is a proud member of England Athletics and as such the club is eligible to apply for place’s for London Marathon, these places are allocated to the club based on how many Affiliated Members the club has registered at the cut off date in November.
The club is entitled to allocate these places as they see fit, during the 2015 AGM it was decided that the club places would be allocated as follows.
One place would be allocated by a public vote of those who have received a rejection letter from London Marathon.
The remaining places would be drawn out at random (usually at xmas party) a reserve place would also be drawn just incase the allocated athletes did not want to take up the opportunity to run the marathon.
If you want to be eligible for the club ballot or vote then you must meet the following criteria:
– you must be a fully paid first claim member of LRC by the time the public ballot closes
– you must have been rejected in the public ballot and be able to produce either the rejection email or the rejection letter
– you must not have resigned from LRC at the time of the club ballot
– you must not have received a place through the club ballot in the last 5 years
– you must have submitted your rejection letter to the membership secretary by the required date
The athletes who have represented Lawley Running Club for our allocated places at London marathon since the club was formed are as follow
2017- Tony C (members vote), Danielle W (ballot), Wayne F (ballot)
2016- Andy C (members vote), Alistair P (ballot), Lauren P (ballot)
2015- David M (ballot), Lorraine B (ballot)
2014- Dom M (ballot), Judy U (ballot), Deb H (ballot)