Code of Conduct for Social Media
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) is a great way for Lawley Running Club to share information with their members and others who may potentially be interested in the club.
Whilst Lawley Running Club recognises the benefits of using social media sites, it can be, sadly, at times be misused and it is essential that members make informed decisions about how they use social media to protect our club and our people.
It is the responsibility of all members to:-
- Be respectful at all times – posts/comments can be viewed by all members.
- Refrain from publishing comments that could be controversial or potentially inflammatory subjects ie politics, religion etc
- Avoid hostile or harassing communications or comments that could be viewed as abusive, offensive or derogatory. Harassment is any offensive conduct based on a person`s race, sex, gender identity, national origin, colour, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or any other status protected by law.
- Only post running or club related subjects ie sharing running experiences and race experiences, sharing running related photos, organising informal social runs, training tips, club night information, promoting club activities.
- Do not sell or swap race entries / race numbers unless you are able to officially transfer the place in line with that races rules and regulations.
- Not to be used for advertising for commercial gain unless prior approval of the committee has been gained
- Not to be used for raising issues with the Committee. If an issue has arisen this needs to be sent to the Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware of publishing copyrighted or borrowed material with citations and links. When publishing direct paraphrased quotes, thoughts, ideas, photos or videos, give credit to the original publisher or author.
- Lawley Running Club Committee reserve the right to delete any post or comment within any social media platform without warning or notice. Persistent inappropriate posting or commenting will result in being banned from the social media platform and/or club disciplinary action.
Finally – think before you post!
Next review 1/2/24