Lawley Running Club is committed to providing a quality service and achieving the highest standards of conduct. One way in which we can continue to improve is by listening and responding to the views of members.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible
- A complaint/concern is treated seriously, whether it is made in person, by telephone, letter or e-mail
- We deal with it promptly, politely and where appropriate, informally
- We respond appropriately, for example with an explanation, an apology where we have got things wrong or a clear explanation of any further action to be taken
- We learn from complaints and use them to improve our service to our members
- All complaints will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
This section explains how to make a complaint
If there is a cause for concern or complaint by a club member or a member of the public, concerning the behaviour, welfare or action of a club member or a person acting on behalf of the club then this must be brought to the attention of the Welfare Officer.
The Welfare Officer will conduct a prompt investigation and gather the facts of the case and where appropriate any desired outcomes and will feedback to the parties concerned. The Welfare Officer will report this back to the committee.
If any of the parties concerned are not satisfied with the proposed resolution then they may refer the case to the committee, via the Chairman or General Secretary, with their reasons for finding the resolution unsatisfactory. In this case the following procedure will be followed.
Refer the case immediately to the Chairman or General Secretary who will convene a group of four committee members within 21 days to consider the facts as presented and propose a resolution to the parties concerned.
The outcome of the investigation will be reported to the committee and recorded in the committee minutes.
If the complaint involves the Chairman, then a member of the committee will be appointed to oversee the procedure in place of the Chairman.